Just in case you crazy kids needed a mnemonic device to remember the 9 Great Houses.
[ Tully, Stark, Targaryen, Tyrell, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Martell, Arryn ]
It’s messing people up, this social pressure to ‘find your passion’ and ‘know what it is you want to do’. It’s perfectly fine to just live your moments fully and marvel as many small and large passions, many small and large purposes, enter and leave your life. For many people there is no realization, no bliss to follow, no discovery of your life’s purpose. This isn’t sad, it’s just the way things are. Stop trying to find the forest and just enjoy the trees.
It’s Midsummer. The long weekend when almost every Finn goes to their summer cottage to eat loads of BBQ and drink themselves to oblivion. There must be a midsummer’s bonfire and the midsummers spells.
You can do some traditional midsummer’s spells for yourself, these are for girls:
1. For good marriage fortune take all your clothes off and roll on a morning dew field. Naked.
2. Get naked, find a nearest well and look in there. You’ll see your future husband.
3. Go to the midnight’s summer sauna. Then run (again, naked) over 8 trenches. On the 9th trench you’ll find your future husband.
4. Tie a red ribbon on your waist and clean your room. Nope, you’re not allowed to have clothes on apart from that red ribbon. Once you’ve done this your future husband’s ghost will visit you in your dream
5. Pick up 7 different kind of flowers, run over 7 fences and once you get back home, put the flowers under your pillow. You’ll see your future husband in the dream. Did I forgot to say you have to be naked as you do this?
Tell your favourite spells :)
Oh and the song is about drinking and booze, of course. Happy midsummer! - DF